The Software Tester role at SCS expects a results-driven software tester to be responsible for designing and running tests on software (system, integration, regression, and usability). The software tester will conduct tests, analyze the results, and report observations to the development team. You may also interact with clients to understand the requirements of the product.
This role requires a working knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyze the results. Ultimately, the software tester should be result-driven, have good communication skills, and up-to-date knowledge of software programming and software test design.
The responsibilities of all Tester Developers at SCS encompass a very wide field of requirements. The list of responsibilities listed below are indicative of the responsibilities necessary to fulfil the software tester role at SCS:
- analyzing user stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- collaborate closely with other team members and departments.
- execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, Regression and Usability)
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Provide timely solutions.
- Apply quality engineering principals throughout the product lifecycle.
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
- Provide support and documentation.
- Other duties as required.
- Most importantly, develop solutions efficiently, effectively, with as little error or misses as possible while simultaneously maintaining a positive attitude and self-awareness while in front of team members, customers, and stake holders.
Must have the following skills:
- 2 years of experience as a Software Tester or similar role
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of test techniques and compatibility with various software programs
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Detail-oriented mindset
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Send your resume to jobs@BeTheGeek.com