Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, security, and efficient operation of SCS’s internal and client networks. The ideal candidate should have a strong routing & switching background with the ability to configure a wide array of network vendor products. They should be adept at network issue troubleshooting and keep up to date on advancements in L2/L3 network technologies.
- Design and execute the technical implementation for network and security services both in-house and for our customers.
- Deliver solution that aligns with the customer’s business needs and requirements (discuss benefits and risks)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key technical contacts within the customer accounts and becoming a trusted adviser to these individuals
- Capable of running projects independently as well as working together with a project coordinator to successfully complete projects.
- Provide configuration recommendation and assistance to other team members
- Assist in the development of detailed project specifications and implementation plans
- Understand in-house and customer’s auditing and compliance requirements ensuring all work meets or exceeds the level of implementation, testing, and documentation required.
Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience in network engineering including:
- Expert level understanding of the following Layer-2 protocols: ARP, STP/RSTP, LACP, LLDP, 802.1X, 802.1Q, and 802.1ad.
- Expert level understanding of the following layer-3 protocols: IPv4, IPv6, Subnetting, Static Routing, OSPF, BGP, VRRP, VRF, NAT, traffic engineering (route maps), access control lists, route filtering, route redistribution, IP Precedence/DSCP, and Quality of Service.
- Expert level understanding of the following security technologies: IKEv1/IKEv2, SSL VPN, Stateful Inspection/ACL(s), SIEM Integrations, Device Hardening, Certificates, and SSL Inspection.
- Expert level knowledge in the configuration of common TCP/IP stack services such as DNS, DHCP, Radius, TACACS, NTP, FTPS, and SSH.
- Novice (some experience/hands on) level understanding of SD-WAN technologies and software defined networking stacks.
- Intermediate knowledge and adeptness at network diagram tools like Visio.
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and getting it right the first time
- Strong learning aptitude and ability to learn new technologies independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments, and projects
- Self-motivated, guided, and passionate about your work product
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of management as well vendors and customers
- Experience working in a consulting environment preferred
Send your resume to jobs@BeTheGeek.com