Microsoft Systems Engineer
The Microsoft Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of Microsoft based information systems both on-premises and in Azure. The Microsoft Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments for us and our customers.
- Design and execute the technical implementation for Microsoft infrastructure and cloud computing services both in-house and for our customers.
- Deliver solution that aligns with the customer’s business needs and requirements (discuss benefits and risks)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key technical contacts within the customer accounts and becoming a trusted adviser to these individuals
- Capable of running projects independently as well as working together with a project coordinator to successfully complete projects.
- Provide configuration recommendation and assistance to other solution deployment team members
- Assist in the development of detailed project specifications and implementation plans
- Understand in-house and customer’s auditing and compliance requirements ensuring all work meets or exceeds the level of implementation, testing, and documentation required.
Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience in a Microsoft enterprise environment including:
- Understanding of cloud architectures and models
- Deployment of Windows Client and Windows Server in production environments.
- Configuration of Windows infrastructure via Group Policy and/or scripts
- Adept at using PowerShell to automate and execute tasks
- Basic Understanding of the TCP/IP Stack and common services such as DNS and DHCP.
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite / Enterprise Mobility + Security (EM+S) a plus
- 3+ years of experience with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) upgrade, consolidation, and migration projects
- 2+ years of experience with Office/Microsoft 365 with at least one year of experience migrating mailboxes
- 1+ year experience Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) or Azure Active Directory and understanding of SAML 2.0 and cloud SSO providers
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and getting it right the first time
- Strong learning aptitude and ability to learn new technologies independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments, and projects
- Self-motivated, guided, directed and passionate about your work product
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of management as well vendors and customers
- Experience working in a consulting environment preferred
Send your resume to jobs@BeTheGeek.com